Rates & Insurance
Please read this page carefully and ask any questions you may have related to
the "business" side of counseling services. It is your responsibility to understand the kind of
coverage your insurance plan provides and how much coverage your plan
Here are common questions to be asked of your insurance company to help you
understand your benefits:
Questions to Ask Your Insurance Company Concerning Mental Health Benefits
1 . Does my health plan provide behavioral or mental health coverage?
2. Does my health plan require a referral from my Primary Care Physician?
3. Does my health plan require pre-authorization for services provided?
4. Does my health plan authorize me to see only certain professionals? i.e.
Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Licensed Mental Health Counselor,
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and
Family Therapist, etc.?
5. Does my health plan limit the number of sessions of therapy I am allowed per year?
6. Is my health plan designed on a fiscal year or calendar year?
7. What is the effective date of my insurance coverage?
8. Does my health plan have a dollar amount it will cover per year? $500, $250?
9. What is the amount of my deductible and co-pay after insurance adjustment is
10. If I am authorized to see one therapist and that does not work out, do I need to get
another authorization to see a different therapist?
As a courtesy, I will bill your insurance company, and require you to pay your DEDUCTIBLES AND CO-PAY after each session which you will pay with a credit card on file with my office
If I am an "out of network" provider for your insurance plan, I will charge your credit card $120.00 per session and offer you a "Super Bill" which you can send to your insurance company for reimbursement. At this time I accept all Medicaid and Medicare plans, and other major insurers.
The business details of receiving counseling are sometimes confusing. However, do not hesitate to ask questions. I want you to have as easy and rewarding experience receiving counseling as possible. I will work with you.